What to Expect
Have no expectations. It is nothing like you have ever experienced before. Bikram Yoga is an intense workout. The room is heated to 40°C, continuously during the class session. Classes last for 90 minutes so be prepared to sweat and work hard. Soon you will be doing things you never thought possible.
Everyone is different with different levels of fitness. It may be you have an injury or are feeling overwhelmed while getting aclimatised to the heat and learning the postures. Have an open mind and heart and trust the process. You will not be disappointed!
The body is self-regulating and self-adjusting. A regular practise will:
- Regulate cholesterol in the blood
- Supply oxygen and nutrients to parts of the body that have been blocked or stagnant
- Eliminate toxins
- Flush the lymphatic system
- Improve spinal flexibility and strength
- Balance the endocrine glands
- Expand lung capacity and strengthen the heart
- Lubricate joints
- Strengthen bones
- Stretch and tone muscles