Mindfulness Movement Challenge for Mental Health Awareness Month
Time & Location
About the Event
Mindfulness Movement Challenge for Mental Health Awareness Month (Glenelg & Modbury Studios)
Commit to moving every day for 31 days. Boost your energy, reduce stress and feel better!
In light of October being Mental Health Awareness month in Australia, we wish to shine a light on a dark subject. We know life can be overwhelming at times... and given the current climate of the world... The National Mental Health Month 2021 Awareness Campaign theme is: 'Post Pandemic Recovery Challenges and Resilience'. So many people, businesses, countries out there are still facing unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is only human nature for us to move, yet often we find ourselves seated in traffic, surrounded by technology…. And then we come home and find ourselves again in front of our devices. Amongst our busy schedules, we also find ourselves always on the go, with no time to actually nourish our minds and bodies with things that are good for us - meditation and exercise! We are creating a challenge to develop healthy habits, increase community, increase mental health awareness and offer seminars during the month to equip you with the knowledge and tools to keep you committed!
Our studios offer in-studio & online classes. Keep your mind and body moving every day in some shape or form with:
- Bikram Yoga to practise your open-eye meditation, work on strength, flexibility, focus & endurance
- Vinyasa Flow to create strength, flexibility, body stability & tune in to your breath
- Yin Yoga to restore, slow down, still the mind & practise mindfulness
Can't make it in-studio? Practise live-stream online or message us for access to the recording!
We will also have some special events on offer:
- Saturday, 2nd October at 12.00 pm: 2-hour Yin class with Paula at Glenelg
- Saturday, 16th October at 1.15 pm: Qi-Gong Seminar with Paula at Glenelg
- Sunday, 17th October at 12pm: Yin Yoga Class with Breathing Techniques at Modbury
- Saturday, 30th October at 1:30pm: 1-hour Wellbeing & Resilience Workshop with Australian Sporting Legend, Katrina Webb at Glenelg!
During the month of October, make movement your habit with these three essential ingredients: commitment, mindfulness, and community.
A commitment increases the likelihood of doing something and builds inner trust with yourself. It also encourages us to clear the cluttered mind and create good habits that benefit ourselves.
Mindfulness is a powerful tool. The awareness gained from paying attention internally and externally offers unique and important information required to empower long-term change. You’ll slowly notice the qualities you build through your mindfulness practice—compassion, non-judgement, acceptance, forgiveness, generosity, awareness, and curiosity—are invaluable supports in the process of creating sustainable movement shifts in your mind. Mindfulness allows you to truly honour your mind, body and what is happening in the present moment in your life.
Community is a reminder that you are not in this alone and provides support to help you keep your commitment.
Be sure to join our Facebook Group here: www.facebook.com/groups/bikramyogacommunity/
Let’s try this together. We can share our stories, offer solidarity, cheer each other on, and tap into the strength of collectively working towards positive change in our lives.
If you or a loved one is struggling, reach out to Lifeline on 13 11 14, available 24/7 so you have someone to talk to. You are loved. You matter. It’s ok, to not be ok.
- Challenge + 4 Events$250+$6.25 Service fee$250+$6.25 Service fee0$0
- Members - Challenge + 4 Events$60+$1.50 Service fee$60+$1.50 Service fee0$0
- Challenge ONLY$165+$4.13 Service fee$165+$4.13 Service fee0$0